Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Magic Wand Finger

Last week Dr. Gruning lent me a pair of red/green glasses and some charts with red/green letters and numbers to take home.  As I was practicing in my living room, I noticed a very strange thing. When I pointed to the area that was black (areas that are black mean they are suppressed by one eye) the image would appear. I was like, what the heck is in my finger!  I felt a bit like E.T. with some magical light beaming out of my index finger.    

Apparently this is a very normal thing, but it is a bizarre experience when you can't see something and then just the act of pointing towards it makes it appear.  I wonder why this happens.  What takes place in the brain that pointing at something makes it appear? For now, I am just happy to know that E.T is coming home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I enjoy reading your feedback.