Monday, July 13, 2009

Vision Updates


Sue Barry's book Fixing My Gaze is out and it is magnificent! It is a beautifully written account of how Sue learned to see in 3D.  I highly recommend it. Some of my own experiences of when I first saw in 3D are quoted in the book and I am proud to be a part of this amazing story.  This book is a treasure, to those who have lived in a flat world visually or have had other vision problems, or anyone ever wondering what it is like not to see in 3D. Sue forged the path, learning to see using both of her eyes at the same time despite a doctor telling her that nothing was wrong. She has been a great inspiration to me and without her I would never have known that I could change my vision. Thank you Sue!

Back in April of this year I was interviewed by a vision therapist named Nathan Bonilla-Warford, O.D., F.A.A.O.  Nathan is down in Tampa, FL and owner of Bright Eyes Family Vision Care.  He has a blog which you can check out called - Bright Eyes News where you will find a lot of useful info about vision therapy.

Also in April, I received a nice note of encouragement from Dominick M. Maino, OD, MED, FAAO, FCOVD-A. His blog,  Maino's Memos is full of fascinating information on vision and the brain. He is a Professor of Pediatrics/Binocular Vision at the Illinois Eye Institute/Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago and the editor of Optometry and Vision Development.  



4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather. Thanks for the mention. The interview was fun! I'm glad Dom contacted you. He was one of my formative faculty members during my training.

    I am so excited about the reception that "Fixing My Gaze" has gotten. It must be very cool to be a part of that book!!

    Best Wishes for you and your continued progress!

    -Nate (Dr. B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting story Heather. Sounds a lot like mine. I look forward to learn more about your way of seeing. Check out my pages www.eyecode.info
    Many good wishes,

    Dr. Roberto Kaplan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that the doctors are DOs rather than MDs. Maybe that's because MDs have become nothing but expensive pharmacists.

    Thanks for another update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments!
    I will have more vision updates soon.
    It is great to hear about others out there doing this work and I am always interested in hearing your feedback.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I enjoy reading your feedback.